You can prepare yourself to succeed in your studies by …
- Taking responsibility for yourself. Recognize that in order to succeed you need to make decisions about your priorities, your time, and your resources.
- Centering yourself around your values and principles. Don’t let friends and acquaintances dictate what you consider important.
- Putting first things first. Follow up on the priorities you have set for yourself, and don’t let others, or other interests, distract you from your goals.
- Discovering your key productivity periods and places. Morning, afternoon, or evening? Find spaces where you can be the most focused and productive. Prioritize these for your most difficult study challenges.
- Looking for better solutions to problems. For example, if you don’t understand the course material, don’t just re-read it. Try something else! Consult with the professor, a tutor, an academic advisor, a classmate, a study group, or your school’s study skills center.
- Looking to continually challenge yourself.